Sunday, March 23, 2014

A Touch of Spring...

I am SO ready for Spring!!!  This has been a long, hard winter.  I am not complaining because we've needed a very cold winter to counter the very mild ones we've had the last couple of years.  We needed to kill off some of the nasty creatures that spread in warmth.  That being said...I'm celebrating Spring's arrival!!! 

This Christmas I decided to try my hand at a burlap wreath.  I'm obsessed with burlap...I love it!  If I could go back and do my wedding over again it would be burlap and lace.  If I could find more ways to add burlap to my house I would...burlap and lace that is.  I love burlap mixed with a light, feminine fabric...whether that's lace, ribbon, tulle...whatever it is it's beautiful.  I love my wintery wreath...but as I stated about...I am SO ready for Spring!!! 


Perhaps it was me and my snowflake wreath that encouraged all the snow...well, if so it is down!  I am not inviting snow in any more!!!  Now we're on to greener pastures! 


Here's our touch of spring.  I used burlap...of course...and added some raffia and a bit of green mesh tulle from Hobby Lobby.  The tulle has several lines of silver running through it too and it adds the perfect pop of color for spring.  I love subtleties and this fits my style just right.  I also found a burlap flower in the wedding section at Hobby Lobby and put that in a bow I made of the tulle. 



It's a perfect little touch of Spring!  Let's hope it encourages little bits of green to sprout from the ground!!!

Till later...


Jennifer

0 comments:

Post a Comment